01 September 2010

Laundry room complete

A few months ago I showed you the new paint job in my laundry room.  Since then, we've added upper cabinets, and I made some accessories.  Can I just say I love Ikea?  I'm so sad we're moving even further away from it.

Here are the cabinets:


I completely love how this opens.  It just feels cool.


Did you notice the little saying by the washer?  I painted it as I did the lettering HERE and HERE, and the quote was inspired by this post on calico.   Here's a close up.


I used the Suzie's Hand font, italicized, and then googled "bird silhouette" to find a bird image.  I love the font because the "s" is just how I sign my name.

We also found this great bar at Ikea that also had cool hooks to hang stuff with.  I use it for a towel bar, and then made some fun cans to hold extra stuff in like car keys and dryer balls.


I found that fun metal holder for soap and hand sanitizer at my local thrift store for 50 cents.  The fabric lined cans were an inspiration after making a large fruit salad for the 4th of July.  I'll post a tutorial later this week on how to make your own.  Also hanging from the bar is one of my embellished towels.  So nice to have right by the sink!


To the far left you'll find my awesome Noodlehead inspired mail holder, and a decoupaged pencil box.  


Anna's mail organizer tutorial was easy to follow.  I had the canvas thanks to Bee in My Bonnet's giveaway (the first canvas was made into my Spa Art).  Anna even featured it on her blog


The pencil box was from my childhood...it has held many things through the years.  I decided it still had use left, and using decoupage glue, covered it with strips of a shopping bag that otherwise may have been thrown away. 



I added a little grosgrain ribbon tag for opening, and then decoupaged paper to the inside.  Perfect spot for mobile phone chargers and my husband's pocket stuff.

Last week I showed you how I labeled bins and walls in my laundry room (and throughout the house).  Here are the laundry sorter labels in action.


My laundry room is now my favorite space.  As we are preparing to move, I hope it will be a fun spot for the new owner, too. 

Thanks for letting me play show and tell.  All of July while we were on pins and needles with job interviews, and waiting to see what our future would hold.  I decided to act like we were moving, and prepared to stage our house as best I could.  I considered it a way to show faith that the Lord would answer our prayers. 

All the creating gave me an outlet for my worry, and I finally got my house just like I wanted it to be.  And it worked.  We sold our house in one day.  We close next week, and begin a new chapter of our lives soon.   We're still waiting to find out when we can move into our new home, which is about 2.5 hours away from our current location.  Until then, between packing and taking care of our family, I'll still be sewing a little until everything is packed up.   

Linked up to Someday CraftsTea Rose Home, Blue Cricket Design, Somewhat Simple, and House of Hepworths, Paisley Passions, Tatertots and Jello, and Madigan Made.

Shared with Someday Craft's Laundry Room Party.

32 happy thoughts:

Design Esquire said...

It looks beautiful. I know why your home sold so quickly. I wish I had a laundry room like that!

oceangal said...

I LOVE the way those cabinet doors open up. How cool.

Marjorie said...

You did a wonderful job! I especially love the little saying and bird.

Anne said...

I am so jealous of your laundry room! Will you please come and do something with mine??

Unknown said...

Your laundry looks great. The cabinets are cool. And you did a great job on the saying. Very nice.
Brooke

Kara said...

Great job!! Great paint job with the saying and the little bird...SO cute!! Love it!

Kelli said...

Cute room. I already love to do laundry and if I had a room like that it would be really great. Everyone is moving...so glad to hear you sold your house. Hope everything goes smoothly.

Tasha said...

Oh, I am just loving this. How sad to have to walk away from it. :( I think the quote is my favorite. Please link this up on Friday....love love love.

Lisa said...

Beautiful! Well done!

Unknown said...

Its beautiful and inspiring for me to get to work on mine. Love the little bird.

Alison @ Oopsey Daisy said...

Absolutely gorgeous!! It just feels so peaceful!

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

It looks great! My laundry room is in serious need of a makeover!! I love the IKEA cabinets, might have to check those out.

Serendipity said...

It looks great! {I wish my laundry room looked that clean and organized!}

...I also love the little saying & birdie...

A Whole Lotta Magic said...

Hi Chris!

Your laundry is gorgeous and super organized!

Thanks for stopping by Beach Bungalow and for the wonderful compliments. Feels great!

Sue

Homemade Heather said...

Wow!! Can you come and redecorate mine now? LOL ps. thanks for visiting my blog!

Lei said...

You know, my laundry room should really become my favortie place, too. So I'd, I don't know, get some laundry done once in a while?

Too cute, I love what you've done!!!

Wright's said...

I love your stripes and saying. I'm so glad you painted them and didn't use vinyl.

Kitty Deschanel said...

You did a great job! I especially love your little bird and quote. Good luck to you with your move! :)

Des said...

first of all....LOVE your laundry room! i love the paint job. so cute!

also, i haven't looked at my blogs for a while, but i think we were at the exact same parade in Idaho this fourth! my grandparents live in Rupert and we go every year! and my husband always goes early to get the best seats. we love going! do you mind if i ask where you live? i was actually born in Burley. Crazy! what a small world!

Lori@Paisley Passions said...

LOVE IT!!! I am hosting a Thursday Linky called Thrilling Thursday. I would love for you to stop by and link up!
Thrilling Thursdays @Paisley Passions
~Lori

Lori@Paisley Passions said...

I SO wish my laundry room looked this good :) Thanks for joining in on the first Thrilling Thursday linky party @ Paisley Passions. I hope you will join in again next week :)

~Lori

Anna said...

I totally forgot to comment on this Chris! This looks so cool and makes me jealous because my laundry room is in need for some serious tlc. Great job on all of it and the mail sorter is just great!

Maryann @ Domestically-Speaking said...

LOVE the stripes!

Crystal said...

Wow beautiful Laundry room! I love your vinyl okay and pretty much everything.

stephanie@cre8tive said...

I loved reading everything about this post. They way you channeled your nervous energy into something good. I hope you are able to make your new laundry room in your new home just as special as this one. It must of been the selling point for sure! Thank you for coming over and commenting on my sign. I am going to be a new follower for sure. I love your tutorials, so easy to follow, and all your creativeness. I might get a little better a sewing now thanks to you.
Stephanie

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

congrats on selling your house so quickly! I love the laundry room-that rod with the stuff hooked on it is awesome! I'm thinking of ideas for mine-so this helps so much!

Good luck with your move Chris!

Unknown said...

Thanks for linking up with the Weekend Word Search this month.

Love the little saying and the font. Just a great space.

{northern cottage} said...

very very nice! I love the pops of color here and there but it is very calm and restful overall as well. I adore the little bird and that quote on the wall...what an unexpected and fun little addition!

Danielle @ The Mad Ryno House said...

The mail holder is going to work perfectly as an assignment bin in my classroom. Love!

pearse said...

the cabinet looks cool. can you please tell me what the name of it is? i tried ikea website.

chris said...

@pearseHi there. I honestly can't remember what the type of cabinet was. This has been 3 years and 3 moves ago...and my memory is just not that good. :)

pearse said...

no problem. thanks for getting back to me

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to stop by. Kind words are always welcome.

Print
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...