15 April 2011

What I'm about

Additional contact info can be found HERE.

The delightful Sarah at Modern Country Style is hosting a linky party of a different sort.  She's challenged bloggers to define their blogs, write about it, and then link up HERE.


It really got me thinking.  Why do I blog?  What is my blog about?  What do I hope to accomplish through blogging?



It all started for me, the Christmas after Baby was born (December 2008).  I wanted to find a pattern to make an apron for Big Sis, and looked online for ideas.  I stumbled onto craft blogs, and it was love at first site....pun intended.  I was inspired, I was encouraged, and I saw a way to give back and share.  So, the following summer, I started my blog.  If you go back to those first posts, my photos were pretty poor, and I was very careful about showing pictures of my children.  I'm still careful with their names, but I show my kids a lot more, my photos have improved, and I found something I love to do...teach others to create.


My blog is my online journal on what I make for my home and family, and my effort to encourage others to find joy in creating.  I was born needing to make things.  I was drawing purposefully by 18 months, and sewing at age 4.  I rarely spend a day when I'm not creating something.  I am inspired by bright and happy photos, lovely fabrics, and especially by my family.


In a lot of ways, this blog is also a tribute to my mom, who taught me and inspired my creativity, and still does.  I also have discovered a passion to teach.  I really enjoy sharing what I've learned with others.  Crafty blogging was a perfect fit.

I'm so grateful for how things have grown.  I hope that readers will keep coming back because they love what I make, but understand that I may not be your cup of tea.  I'm not worried or hurt if someone decides to unsubscribe.


My dream would be to continue to design patterns, maybe even fabric someday.  If it doesn't happen, that's ok too.  I have a full life, a full heart, and am just grateful for the abilities and talents I've been blessed with.  I hope that by sharing my experiences, someone else will find a spark to ignite their own creative fire.  There is a bit of divinity in each of us that gives us the desire to create something.  You just have to find the medium that works for you.

Click HERE for another post where I spilled my guts. (Not literally!)

13 happy thoughts:

Amy C said...

What a nice way to describe your blog, and other creative blogs as well. :) Just reading this post made me have happy thoughts, like your comment button says.

Nicole said...

What a great idea...really does make you think doesn't it...hmm...kind of leaves me at a loss...but I LOVED reading yours..YOU are an amazing teacher and a pure joy to read :)

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

Hello my lovely,

What a great post!! You're definitely one of the best teachers I know, Chris. I'm a huge fan of your outstanding tutorials. And the amount of awesome crafting you do is astounding!

I'm so glad I found your blog! You are definitely just my cup of tea!!

Sarahx

Jessica said...

I love your perspective of blogging and how fun to design fabric!

Tasha said...

I love you and your blog and I loved reading your reasoning for blogging. I have actually been thinking about all this lately too. My next goal...design my own pattern. Not as a tutorial, but as a pattern I can sell.

Carol said...

What a lovely post from a lovely lady who writes a lovely blog. You inspire me.

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Well said Chris. It takes a very special person to put together that very special post. That's why I love your blog, your personality shines through your posts and your projects.

Anne Magee said...

What a lovely post! Another reason to love your blog :)

Unknown said...

You're my cup of tea! Great post! I can relate to your reasons, as a tribute to your mom, and I too, feel like I was born with a need to create! It is so fulfilling! Good work!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

Love that you were able to put this all down in words. I've been thinking a lot lately about why I blog. Loved reading this post and getting a little more insight into who you are, Chris.

Lei said...

I'm so glad I got to read this! You are so awesome Chris. :)

Melissa said...

Exactly why I love your blog.

Tiffany said...

AWESOME heartfelt, inspiring post. I enjoyed every word! I read blogs for the inspiration and I think it's so sweet that people let the world in their lives. Thanks for sharing yours.

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to stop by. Kind words are always welcome.

Print
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...