20 April 2011

Spring into Summer Pillow


I've been sewing like a crazy person around here. Between the sew-along and Easter I'm a bit swamped. I wanted to be sure I posted this pillow so I could enter it in the Blogger's Pillow Party.

Since making the heart pillow, I thought it would be fun to make different covers for different seasons. I made this pillow cover for spring. Eventually I'll do a post with all of the seasons once I have them finished.



I have continued playing with yoyos, only in a little different fashion.  I also played with hand quilting.

We had a long car ride a couple weeks ago for the funeral, and so this is what I did while my husband drove.

I actually gave you a bit of a preview of this pillow here.

I used all those yummy triangles to make prairie points.  (Following Jody's tutorial.)


The colors remind me of citrus or orange and lime sherbet.  I had a lot of fun progressing the colors from yellow to green.


So this is my offering for the Blogger's Pillow Party.  Finished size, 11" square.  I am excited to pull this out in another month or so!

Blogger's Pillow Party

Sharing with:
Somewhat Simple, and Just A Girl, and Tatertots and Jello.

freckled laundryPoint of View: A Creative Collaboration,a creative collaboration,point of view,point of view a creative collaboration

27 happy thoughts:

Craftcherry said...

I love it! Such a happy pillow :o)

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

adorable pillow! so springy!

sewhappiness said...

Hopping from Strut your Stuff party!! This is such a lovely pillow!!! I think I'm getting obsessed with pillows in general...
It looks gorgeous!!!
thank you for sharing:)
Eleni

Kathryn said...

Another amazing pillow!!!!! My target pillows are having a bad self esteem now. :) Fabulous!!

Kristin said...

i really like this!

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

I love the colors on this! Very cheerful. :)

Unknown said...

My goodness, you make the prettiest things! I think my slipcover shock has subsided & I'm ready to hop in front of the sewing machine again. My mother in law would LOVE this pillow as do I!

Hope you're doing well, friend. Thanks for sharing with Air Your Laundry Friday.

xoxo,
Jami

Liz @ LivingMySweetLife said...

I love it!!! It's so pretty and I love your prarie points! I need to make some pillows!!!

Anita @ GoingALittleCoastal said...

Omg, I love this pillow! The color combo is terrific. I even love the textured white fabric that you used for the base!

{oc cottage} said...

WOW! Just amazing!!!

m ^..^

Erin said...

Hi, I'm visiting from Air Your Laundry Friday and this pillow just makes me smile! The combination of the bright colors paired with the old-fashioned yo-yos is so fun.

Unknown said...

That is absolutely gorgeous. I wish I had the skill to make something even HALF as pretty as that. Thanks so much for sharing. I love it! Please check out my blog at http://chicaesartistica.blogspot.com/

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

This is so pretty, Chris. I love the little triangles around the edges. Really beautiful color combination. Love it!

Jessica@SewHomegrown said...

Mmmmm I really love it! The trim kinda looks like bunting - which is adorable.

Lindsay @ Diary of a Crafty Lady said...

Oh yah, I love this! The colors are amazing! I love things with graduating colors like this - and a variety of colors in the same item. I made a patchwork pillow with many of the same colors. Beautiful! Great job!
Lindsay
craftyladylindsay.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I have a lot of those yoyos from my grandmother who passed away about 20 years ago. I wish I had the patience to do something with them. A lot of premade quilt squares as well. Which reminds me that I really need to pack them up better than they are.

Charmaine said...

This is one of those lovely projects that just makes me smile; so sunny and happy. I love the yo yo's.

http://licklepickle.blogspot.com/

Rebekah Lindenmayer said...

I love the yoyo's! (I didn't know they were called that) Such a fun pillow.

Heidi Wilcox said...

LOVE it! Like usual :)

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Fantastic pillow - prairie points and yoyos= pillow goodness.
PS I Love your fabric choice, you really have a keen eye for selecting fabrics, I find that tricky.

Erin said...

CUTE!! I love yo-yos

Melissa said...

Beautiful and sunshiny!! More of your happy circle patterns!!

Rachel at Stitched in Color said...

I really love your running stitches. Great texture! Thanks for joining in on the Pillow Party!

Jessica said...

I love the color scheme and quilted texture!

Amy at Ameroonie Designs said...

There is so much I love about this pillow! The texture, the prairie points, the color scheme, hand quilting....and on and on.. Bright and lovely! Well done!
xoxo,
Amy

Camilla said...

Love love this! Featuring it at http://rosyredbuttons.blogspot.com/ for POV today!

Ladybird Ln said...

Oh, I am in love, I have a thing for PICOS, and the bright cheery fabric, adorable! I am having a PILLOW FIGHT on my blog {contest for charity} and would love it if you would consider joining us! Link below!

Carlee
http://www.ladybirdln.com/2011/05/pillow-fight-for-causepart-1.html

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to stop by. Kind words are always welcome.

Print
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...