04 May 2011

Fabric Flower Frenzy


We had a new niece born in our family a couple weeks ago, and along with the new sewing I've been doing for the girls and myself, I thought some new accessories were necessary.


1, 4, 5, and 8 are based on my ruffled flower tutorial.  I know, I'm a snob for finished edges (and more of that to come!), but aren't some of them fun with the frayed edge?

3 and 7 are made following Tasha's fun Pointed Flower Tutorial.  I got all excited to make these, and then realized I didn't have any covered button supplies.  So, I  made my own covered buttons with old shank buttons I had in my stash.

2 and 6 were made loosely following the Sew4Home Tattered Flower tutorial.

I think making these can become slightly addictive.  Consider yourself warned.  To make one into a pin, simply glue a bit of felt to the back of the flower and use a large safety pin.  For hair clippies, I use my method shown for my Simple Non-Slip clippies, with Sally alligator clips.

Like this:

Hoping you're enjoying your day.  The sun is finally out here in Idaho, and it is actually warm outside!

Sharing with:
Somewhat Simplelil luna link party buttonmonogramfreckled laundry

12 happy thoughts:

Marjorie said...

I agree, flower making can become addictive! I love your assortment!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Your fabric flowers are wonderful, great little round up of inspiration. We are using fabric flowers in our house right now to accessorize cloche hats and spring jackets!

Nicole said...

Hey Chris:) I love the pointed flowers! They are adorable! and they look really easy too! EASY IS GOOD!lol Gonna try these for sure..thanks so much for sharing!
Congrads on your niece being born..I love my nephews but I'm always thinking PINK! :) Take care

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

That's a whole lot of flowers, Chris! Love them... they're all so unique.

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

This reminds me of the cushion post you did a while back where you showed a million cushions that you made all in one post!!!

These are BEAUTIFUL!!

Sarahxx

Liz @ LivingMySweetLife said...

ohh, now I want to go make a bunch of flowers! I love how yours came out, so pretty!!

Liz @ LivingMySweetLife said...

ohh, now I want to go make a bunch of flowers! I love how yours came out, so pretty!!

DomesticatedMama said...

Love these and they are so easy to make! Have been in the process of making them for my daughter's bday party as favors!!!

Rebecca @ My Girlish Whims said...

all are so cute! i like #8 best :)

Tasha said...

They turned out SO cute Chris! Love them. Happy MOther's Day to you :)

Sandy Ang said...

These handmade floewrs are so wonderful. I wish I had access to such pretty fabrics.

Mike said...

Kris, I seriously am jonesing for some of these! The girls birthdays are coming up, wink wink...

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to stop by. Kind words are always welcome.

Print
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...