22 March 2010

Ruffled Flower Pin Mini Tutorial


Laura asked me to show how I made the flower broach for my daughter's birthday outfit. I made a similar outfit for Baby on Saturday, and so here is a mini tutorial on how to make a ruffled flower pin.

Gather your materials. You'll need a 3" by 18-20" strip of fabric, thread, a coordinating button, felt, sewing machine, sewing needle, hot glue gun, and a safety pin.


At this point, you won't need your sewing machine anymore.

And there you have it. A picture tutorial for making a ruffled flower pin.



I'm linking up with Today's Creative Blog and Blue Cricket Design and Somewhat Simple and The Train to Crazy.

This tutorial was featured on Craft Gossip, One Pretty Thing, Totally Tutorials, and The Beading Gem!

12 happy thoughts:

CraftCrave said...

Just a quick note to let you know that a link to this post will be placed on CraftCrave.com in the Handcraft category today [22 Mar 10:43am GMT]. Thanks, Maria

Caroline said...

I love this. I think I'll use it on my girls' Easter dresses. Thanks!

miia said...

waaaaw, wonderful and cute

Embellished Bayou said...

I love making these! They make cute hair accessories, too.

Unknown said...

This is adorable! Thanks for the tutorial.

Andrea @ TheTrainToCrazy.com said...

I love it! Stop on by and link up today if you want!
Make it Wear it @ TheTrainToCrazy.com

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

Very Cute!

mmtncrfts said...

Very nice tutorial and a cute flower! Thanks for sharing.

http://mmtncrfts.blogspot.com
http://mmtncrfts.etsy.com

Laura said...

Thank you so much for showing me how you make these adorable flowers! If you don't mind, I'm going to post this on my blog.

I can't wait to try these. Thanks a bunch!!

The Beading Gem said...

Awesome tutorial! I just featured it on my blog post -

http://www.beadinggem.com/2009/11/how-to-make-fabric-jewelry-tutorial.html

Thanks for sharing, Pearl

Tanika Iswandari said...

thanks for sharing.. it's very pretty. i'd like to make one for my friend's daughter birthday :) you're soo creative!

Sue's Simple Seams said...

You are amazingly creative, multi-talented and you find time to make tutorials to share for free with those of us who don't have much money. This is much easier to fine what I want for sure. You give great instructions and detail pictures.
And you still have another life to live and do it all so well. Thank you for free patterns!
Sue

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to stop by. Kind words are always welcome.

Print
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...