15 March 2011

Build Your Own Robot Sewing Pattern's in the Shop

I'm so excited to introduce my newest sewing pattern!

I have been working on this idea for almost a year now, and couldn't be more pleased with how it's turned out.  The pattern is a 14 page photo-illustrated pdf document, which includes full-sized pattern pieces.  You choose the body and head style, the arms and legs, and facial features.  Each is interchangeable.  There are almost limitless possibilities.  You can make a boy or girl version, and personalize them in almost any fashion.  They are easily made with scraps of fabric you have lying around.


The pattern is recommended for advanced beginner to intermediate sewists.  You should be comfortable sewing a satin stitch for some of the appliques, and around curves.  Here's a screen shot so you get an idea of what it looks like:


The pattern is available in my blog shop and on etsy, if you prefer to purchase there.  My blog shop has a 50 cent discount, which reflects the fees I'm charged on etsy.


Thank you to all my intrepid editors and pattern testers!


I'll be sharing some free tutorials for some clothing you can make for your new robots this week.

p.s.  In light of all that is happening in Japan, I've added a button on my sidebar where you can click to donate to relief efforts.  It is through LDS Humanitarian Services, and 100% of your donation goes to helping those in  Japan.

I was just paid my little ad revenue yesterday, and was able to donate some of that...so thank you for clicking on ads and reading so I had something to give!

10 happy thoughts:

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

How exciting, Chris! They are adorable. I love that there are limitless possibilities. Cute, cute idea!

Anonymous said...

Really cute and unique! xo

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

What a gorgeous idea, Chris. I didn't realise you have an Etsy shop. Shame on me!!

But I guess that shows how much you enjoy sewing for sewing's sake, as well as for your shop.

Sarahx

Shannon said...

Oh my word! Those are so cute!!

Thanks for commenting on my guest post for Liberate Creativity. :) I'm glad to have found your blog!

Lei said...

Oh my goodness, I think this is my favorite thing you've made! Love it!

Humble Homemaker said...

These are fab! You are so talented. I simply adore them... too bad I don't have any little boys to make some for! Great project.
Humble Homemaking
p.s. I have a weekend party going on right now so feel free to hook up any project or recipe if you want to. :)

Aphrodita Wibowo said...

oooh jy... ow cute robot... wanna make it too :)

xoxo
dita

Erika Mulvenna said...

I love your robots - how cute! Oh, have you found all the awesome sewing projects and tutorials over at www.WeAllSew.com yet? Great links!

Sita Gilly, Madre Artesana said...

I want to thank you for your great pattern. I win one and I just wanna to try it. Kisses

http://sitagilly.blogspot.com/2011/03/miren-lo-que-tengo.html

Liz @ LivingMySweetLife said...

I just bought my pattern!!! My 3 year old has become obsessed with robots so now I can't wait to make this for him!

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to stop by. Kind words are always welcome.

Print
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...