14 December 2012

Christmas Tid-Bits 2012

Hi all.

It's that busy, wonderful time.  I've been stitching up a storm in my spare minutes, and enjoying decorating our new home for Christmas.


Our Christmas tree is covered with memories.
Every ornament has sentimental value.  If you look close you can see some of the ornaments I've made for our children over the years.  Like this one and this one.

I have always wanted to add small wreaths to my cabinets.  As soon as I'd picked the white cabinets, I was dreaming of doing this!


These wreaths were made by hot gluing greenery to embroidery hoops, ala Martha.


I had seen a few years ago THIS idea for hanging wreaths using an upside down command hook...worked like a charm.

I even made a larger wreath for the dining room window.


In the entry, I have my Nativities displayed.  Our Scripture Tree is just waiting to be decorated and discussed.


You might remember my Give Thanks typography...for the moment it's been replaced with these:


I saw some darling chalkboard style printables HERE...but they were too big.  So, using a combination of MS Paint and Pic Monkey, I made these.  You can download your own, if you wish.  Just right click and save to your computer.



 I'd recommend getting them printed on photo paper, or sending them to your local photo shop.  I printed mine on our printer, and they are very dim.  They'll work for this year.  :)

How are your holidays coming?  I'm about half way through my sew-a-thon.

Need any more Christmas ideas?  Check out what I'm hoping to do on my pinterest board.

1 happy thoughts:

Deidre said...

It's been far too long since I've scoured the blog world! Your house looks so beautiful! So happy for you!!!!

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to stop by. Kind words are always welcome.

Print
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...