19 December 2012

Paper Plate Christmas Tree Garland

To begin, may I offer my heart-felt love and support to all those who've been affected by the events in New Town, CT.  It is a bitter reminder that life is precious.  I hope the following post might give you an idea of something fun to do with your little ones...and hold them even closer.


Dolly needed something fun to do the other day. I had seen THIS idea on pinterest, and thought it would be fun to try.

We worked on this over a couple days.  First, I had her carefully paint a simple paper plate.


A day later, I cut the plate into eighths, and she decorated them.  I got out beads and pom poms, and even glitter glue for her.  I put a glob of tacky glue on a plate and that worked best for dipping and adhering.


She had so much fun working on her "own" project.


Quite by happy accident, we'd actually used two plates...so I had a white "tree" under each green one.  I separated them and glued some twine inbetween the two layers.

Here's her finished product:


 I love how this looks a bit like a smiley face.  :)

Any fun holiday-themed projects for children that you've tried?

Also, I was happy to contribute a guest post to the Coat and Clark Blog, Sewing Secrets.  I hope you'll check it out.

6 happy thoughts:

Melissa said...

What a great project for her to do - I love the kind of projects that once on the way, the kids can work on at their own leisure.

Summer Daniels said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

I saw idea too! Absolutely love it, your paper trees turned out so well. Perfect project to hold little one close.

Stephanie said...

Yep, it is a smiley face! Such a fun idea for her to do. I bet she loves seeing it hung. And! I love you wreaths you hung in the kitchen. I always wanted to try that upside hook trick. Good to know it really works. Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Unknown said...

Look at her! She's as happy as a little blond clam. :) And I love her paper plate garland. It's fabulous!!!

A very merry Christmas to you and your sweet family, Chris!

xo Michele

Unknown said...

Very cute - I might have to try this with my two littlies next year. Merry Christmas!

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to stop by. Kind words are always welcome.

Print
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...