11 October 2012

Give Thanks.

Last weekend, I was able to watch church services in my bed.  It was pretty awesome.


So while I listened, I doodled.


I've been interested in typography for a while, and LOVE the work of Katie Daisy, which you can see all over pinterest...and even on Under the Sycamore's blog design. I have wanted to make something fun for the living room wall, and listening to words of respected people urging me to be better was a great time to do it.

I just used my prisma colored pencils, and played with a couple different types of designs.


I just got them framed yesterday, and up on the wall today.


They are not as bright as I'd hoped...so I may have to try a different type with paint next version.  They seem a lot more muted on the wall.


However, I wanted to share these designs with you.  So many of you have kindly supported me as we built our home, and have shown concern and love as I wind my way through diabetes.  I give thanks for each of you.



If you'll follow this link, HERE, you can download a pdf version you can print and frame for your own home.  I hope you enjoy it!

Sharing with Freckled Laundry.

7 happy thoughts:

Melissa said...

Nice job - giving thanks is the first step to humility. The idea of true humility has been on my mind lately and I read that giving thanks is the first step to humility.

I like how the colors you chose for the typography pick up the colors of the throw pillow.

Design Esquire said...

They are beautiful! Great job.

I love the message too.

Unknown said...

Very pretty Chris!

Unknown said...

It's fun to try your hand at something new. You've done well. Both are very pretty indeed!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Great worth, was it fun to work in a different medium? the other day I painted with an artist brush and it was so much fun.

L Chang said...

Very Cute!

Tiffany said...

Im just learning about Katie Daisy, she is so talented, and the colors she uses. And Give thanks have to be 2 of my favorite words, a great reminder for everyday.

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to stop by. Kind words are always welcome.

Print
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...