A few weeks ago, I found Michele Designs (formerly Keyka Lou)'s Padded Camera Case. I thought it might just do the trick.
I did tweak a few things. I used fusible fleece instead of regular interfacing (and also used cotton batting too). It made for a fun challenge when it came to pulling everything right side out! I added an inner zipper pocket...using the same method I did for my Pedicure Kit Tutorial.
Can anyone see my goof? I put the top of the fabric too close to the zipper. Yes, it was hard to sew it to the rest of the pocket.
Here's what the lining looked like with the zipper installed (yes I know the zipper is wonky...I was in a hurry which was not a good idea):
I wanted to have a small handle/wristlet for my case, I added this little detail on the side of the outer pouch.
I also used two grommets instead of one for the casing. It worked better with what I had on hand.
Here's the back of the case, and you can see my little wristlet. It fastens with a pronged snap.
I almost finished taking some photos and noticed this:
That would be the casing pulling out of the seam! Grrr. I ended up hand sewing the opening closed, then zigzag stitching around the entire casing to give it some extra strength.
Despite my blunders, I'm really happy with how it came together.
In case you're wondering, the fabric is scraps left from my Magnum Opus which has been sadly neglected. The main fabric is Joel Dewberry Modern Meadow Pond in Dogwood Bloom, and the lining is a combination of Joel Dewberry Modern Meadow Sunglow in Dogwood Bloom andAlexander Henry Pocket Pixie Green and Yellow Dandelion. Love love love those fabrics.
Tatertots and Jello.