I'm following the Random Reflections Pattern by Karrie Lynn at Freckled Whimsy. I have been collecting fabrics for months in anticipation of making a quilt for our family room. I just didn't realize we would be moving this year!
I thought I'd share a preview and jot down the fabrics before I forget what they are. My color inspiration is our Greg Olson Print of Oh Jerusalem.
I grouped the fabrics I chose into four "colorways".
- Heather Bailey FreshCut Paisley in Brown
- Kate Spain Central Park Lawn in Hernshead
- Sandi Henderson Meadowsweet Daisy Path in Celery
- Anna Maria Horner Chocolate Lollipop...so old I can't find the name...
- Joel Dewberry Aviary 2 Damask in Dill
- Joel Dewberry Modern Meadow Pond in Dogwood Bloom
- Heather Bailey Fresh Cut Vintage Floral
- Liz Scott Sugar Pop Painted Flowers in Aqua
- Joel Dewberry Modern Meadow Sunglow in Dogwood Bloom
- Heather Bailey Nicey Jane Pocket Book in Tangerine
I've used HB Freshcut fabrics in each square, and then built the other colors around it. I had fun putting together all the different combinations. I really wanted it to be harmonious, but not too matchy-matchy as a quilt would have been from just one fabric line. Call me stubborn.
I still have another round of strips to piece and cut, and then I'll begin sewing the quilt squares together. I have some fun flannels I'll be piecing together for the back, and may add a few more pieced squares also. I'm toying around with embroidering important quotes and scriptures in white on the ivory pieces. Too much? I'm not sure.
What projects do you have going on the hopper?
Sharing with Creation Corner, and Freckled Laundry.