08 November 2011

Pajamas are coming...


I'm slowly getting thing finished up for Christmas.  I've been hurrying to get things done before my time is taken up with framing the new house. We give our children new pajamas to open up on Christmas Eve.
This year, I've made pajama bottoms, and we're going to let the kids decorate t-shirts that special night.  You can see previous pajamas:
Here's what I've made from the fabric I showed you earlier.  I used the same McCalls 4643 pattern for my little kids I used last year. I also used the same pattern for big sis, too (McCalls 5744). I just don't have photos of her pants, yet.


I added extra length on Little Boy's pants, and made cuffs.  He's so slim, he'll need length long before he'll need width.


For both Dolly's and Big Sister's jammmies, I made a ruffle for the bottom, and used my fun ruffler from Stephanie to make the ruffles a snap. I just pre-hemmed the fabric before I ruffled it.


Another fun detail for this year's pajamams, a faux fly for the boys.  It makes it easier to know which way is front.


Now that Halloween is finished and the mending pile has diminished, I can finish Big Brother's pajamas. Crazy part it we are almost the same size in pants, now.  I'm not sure how I feel about that.

5 happy thoughts:

Impera Magna said...

I love making and giving jammie bottoms to the grandchildren... typically use flannel because I know the little ones love to run around the house in their jammies in the morning (all morning) and I know flannel keeps those tiny legs warm.

The kids love them...

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

I love the jammie bottoms so far! They look so much nicer than what you find in the shops and those ruffled bottoms, wow! someone will be pleased!

Unknown said...

You know what, these are awesome Chris. I think I'll be making some pyjamas for my little one. Thanks for the inspiration.

Love the little ruffles and false fly too. Sweet details!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

So cute, Chris. Love that David Walker fabric. The faux fly is a brilliant idea. I think you've convinced me that I need a ruffler :)

Melissa said...

The faux fly is brilliant!!

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to stop by. Kind words are always welcome.

Print
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...