15 December 2010

My favorite gift for new babies

We had another new niece born to our extended family.  I made yet another Pod Swaddler, for her.  I so wish that Hannah had thought this up when my baby was still a baby. 


My favorite part of this blanket is that it isn't too hot, yet baby is snug.  It has lots of room, and will work for a good part of baby's first year.

I absolutely love the floral fabric.  The pops of red and turquoise look so pretty.  I found the fabric on clearance at fabric.com.  They were closing out several lines of Westminster/Free Spirit fabrics.  This particular one was designed by Verna Mosquera and is called Savon Bouquet. 
If you want some other fun ideas for baby gifts, here are a few of my tutorials to try:


Sharing with Creation Corner, KoJo Designs, Tatertots and Jello, and Freckled Laundry.

16 happy thoughts:

Unknown said...

How adorable will that little niece of yours look all swaddled up inside. I love that fabric too.

Unknown said...

So, so cute, and snuggly!! Can't wait to see what other fabrics you'll choose for these!

Marjorie said...

Love the fabric too! What a great gift!

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

where did you get that fabric? I love it!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How precious! I love sewing with the pretty baby fabrics..always so soft and cute! ♥

Tasha said...

Love this baby gift idea!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Always looking for great baby gifts. Thank you for posting this and what a wonderful blessing, a new niece!

Melissa said...

What a cool idea...I swaddled my kids burrito style (they wanted to be swaddled until almost thirteen months)...and I am not sure how this would have worked for them but for lots of kids this would be perfect!!

Melissa said...

Oh, I meant to say I love the fabric too!!

Hannah Stevenson said...

Such pretty fabric Chris. I'm on the hunt for some cute boy fabric for when this little comes in March...I'll check out fabric.com.

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

That fabric is to die for, Chris! Love it! I wish I knew about a pod swaddler about 10 months ago!

Anne said...

So pretty! My friends keep having boy babies. I can't wait to have another girl in the mix.

Elizabeth said...

The fabric you chose is so pretty! Very little girl. I need a girl BAD. Hope you'll come link up to Made with Love Monday :) The party will be open until Friday so feel free to link up multiple projects. Hope you have a very Merry Christmas! http://sewchatty.blogspot.com

DANA said...

I found you on Tater Tots and Jello! I am loving your blog, that fabric is great! I would like to invite you to my $50 American Express giveaway and a linky party I have, all going on this week! Happy Holidays! Keep up the great blogging!
-Dana Jean

http://danajeanward.blogspot.com/2010/12/50-american-express-giveaway-ends.html

Farah said...

How cute and sweet although my kids are grown up and till sometime no grandchildren, but its such a nice gift that I am start thinking to whom I can gift it:)... very lovely and practical too...
Wish you a very Happy Christmas …
I would love if you come to visit me at
http://craftaworld.blogspot.com/
Love
Farah

Unknown said...

Congratulations on a new niece! I LOVE this. Wish I had know of it's existence for the twins. Thank you so much for sharing with air your laundry Friday, Chris! Freckled favorite.

Happy New Year,
Jami

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to stop by. Kind words are always welcome.

Print
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...