11 December 2010

Christmas Decor 2010

Here are some of our decorations for Christmas this year.  It's been fun figuring out where to put things in our new house.

In the family room, we have our mantel.  I'm still not sure what to do with this funky niche, but for now this is fun.  I wish you could see the lights in real life...they twinkle. 

I haven't even shown these yet.  My husband helped me to build these picture ledges.  They are each 8 feet long, and are a fun way to organize our pictures.  We used Anna White's Gallery Ledges plans.  I added a couple of Christmas pictures for December.  The cross-stitch Santas I stitched while I traveled through the Holy Land 16 years ago.  I spent a lot of time on a bus and needed something to do with my hands.  :)  The Holy Family picture, including frame, was made by my sister-in-law.


Our family Christmas tree:


I am a big tradition nut for Christmas, if you hadn't noticed.  I revel in the red and green colors (my favorites), and love all the keepsake ornaments on our tree.  My parents and grandparents gave me ornaments each Christmas, and now we do the same for our kids.  It's a fun way to fill up a tree with memories.  I made the tree skirt in college...my first attempt at any quilting.  It's based on a pattern my mom made.

You've seen my wreath, and the Scripture tree.  The only things not shown are our nativities.  It's been stormy and the lighting not great, so hopefully next week I'll post them.

9 happy thoughts:

Laurel @ Ducks in a Row said...

The shelves l ook great - yeah for handy husbands!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

love it all (including a traditionalist) and I agree with Laurel, those shelves are wonderful.

chris said...

@KJ@letsgoflyakiteThanks, KJ! The shelves made a big difference, and I love being able to rearrange pictures without having to fill holes and repaint.

Louisa said...

Beautiful! I particularly like your tree skirt.

Erin said...

I LOVE your tree! And I love the amount of ornaments. I hope to keep collecting so I can have a lot on my tree like that. If only my littlest would stop breaking the ornaments!!

Jenna said...

Your tree is beautiful! I found your blog last week and have been checking in each day. The scripture tree is a great idea!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

Beautiful, Chris! I love the bowls filled with ornaments on the mantel. Your tree is gorgeous. I love traditional red and green, too!

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

love that decor! those shelves are awesome too!

Mamalang said...

I think a small tree would be cute in that nook! Nice Decorations.

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to stop by. Kind words are always welcome.

Print
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...