13 October 2009

Got Zucchini?



I had to do another quick post so that if my kids see the blog open, the first thing they see isn't doodle purses. So, here are some fun ideas for making that last of the summer zucchini abundance palatable.
First, my all-time favorite is BHG's Choco-Zucchini Cupcakes. They are SO yummy. The only things I change are adding a dash of cinnamon (about 1/8 teaspoon), semi-sweet chocolate chips instead of milk chocolate (not optional in my book), and then using my favorite baking cocoa---Saco's brand. I must warn you, this is not a dump and go recipe. If you aren't exact they don't turn out nearly as well, as I've learned to my sorrow. However, when you do it right, these are moist and hard to eat just one. And, yes, that is peanut butter frosting on top. Is your mouth watering yet?

The recipe can be found HERE.

I also tried the "I can't believe it Zucchini" recipe from V and Co. I reduced the crumb recipe by a 1/4, and added brown sugar and a handful of oatmeal for the topping. My kids and hubby thought it was apple crisp. Too fun.



P.S. Sorry the photo is dark, I took it last night after we frosted...I knew it wouldn't wait until morning.

0 happy thoughts:

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to stop by. Kind words are always welcome.

Print
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...