03 July 2009

My first repurposed outfit

Well, I did it. And I learned a lot in the process. What began similar to this:


And with the inspiration of this blouse:


I created this:


Notes to self: Try on during sewing. I had everything sewn, tried it on, and it was a size or two too big. (I guess that's what I get when I sew after she goes to bed!) Then, I had to pick out all that facing around the neck and make things smaller. Overall, I am pleased with how it turned out. I also added a pocket using the tutorial from Made by Rae.

I am encouraged. I have had these blouses for a long time, liked the print, but not how they fit. I'm happy to find another way to still use them!

0 happy thoughts:

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to stop by. Kind words are always welcome.

Print
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...