09 July 2009

Black & Whites with Red, White and Blue

 

I thought I'd share my treats for Independence Day. If you are a fan of Seinfeld, these are my nod to Jerry's favorite Black & White cookies. To make these I used my favorite sugar cookie recipe from the Lion House Cookbook. I just used a cup to cut them into circles. After they were baked and cooled, I frosted them with my favorite "no cook" fudge frosting.

2 c. powdered sugar
1/4 c. unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 c. butter, softened
3 T. boiling water
1/2 t. vanilla

Mix powdered sugar and cocoa. Use a fork to work the butter into the sugar mixture. Add vanilla and then pour water, a little at a time. Stir until it is at the consistency you like for spreading.

I spread the frosting on one half, and then sprinkled the fudge with red and blue colored sugar sprinkles. These did not last very long!
Posted by Picasa

1 happy thoughts:

Amanda said...

I can attest to these cookies-they are GREAT!! I'm excited to have the recipe!

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to stop by. Kind words are always welcome.

Print
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...