07 December 2011

Coming up for a breath

Hi everyone.
I really didn't mean to drop off the blog for so long.  Between the house and getting ready for Christmas, I'm feeling a bit unglued.  Hopefully I can pull myself together fairly quickly.  Despite two snow storms, we've started framing the house.  In between, our school-aged kids all performed at the local Festival of Trees.  (I love kindergartners!)
The day after I finished up painting the basement walls, the concrete subcontractor backfilled our foundation.  Woot!  Last Thursday, our contractor and I measured off the foundation and chalked the lines for the sill plates.

It took Mr. Pickup and I a few days to get those plates on with the weather.


Our current focus is framing the bearing walls in the basement.  Mr. Pickup and I spent most of Monday chalking out walls, cutting top and bottom plates for the bearing walls.


 It feels really good to finally be accomplishing something.  My favorite part?  Working with my best friend.

Please know how much I appreciate your comments and emails.  I'll get some replies coming soon!


9 happy thoughts:

Lorie said...

Brrr! Those pictures look cold! But I am super excited for you and all the work being accomplished on the house!!

Melissa said...

The little guy with the boy tie and the little smirk is the best!!

Wow!! You two really are amazing - stay warm and avoid frost bite!!

Carol said...

Love you and your picture of the kindergarteners! You made me smile.
Hugs,
Carol

Unknown said...

Progress: I love it. You guys are doing so well! Go TEAM!!!

Tiffany said...

The kindergarten photo is classic. And I cannot believe how involved you are. The lingo "chalked out", city girl here, "HUH?" but Imma watching and learning.

Stephanie said...

You go GIRL! I miss those kindergarten days :( It looks so cold over there, stay warm!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Such a beautiful choir and lovely footings.
Thinking about you!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

Don't apologize for your absence. You have very important work to do right now :) (And I love how much you are doing yourselves :)

Screaming Sardine said...

Good luck with your new home. It's stressful moving into a new home, but then to have one built...I think I'd be too impatient - lol!

Cheers,
Tracy Screaming Sardine

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to stop by. Kind words are always welcome.

Print
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...