13 May 2011

Kids Clothing Week, Pajamas

We needed some summery pajamas around here. So, with KCWC motivation, this was one of the projects I wanted to tackle.



Using the same McCalls M4643 I used for the littles' Christmas PJs, I made Little Boy some summery shorts.  The t-shirt is a hand-me-down from Big Brother.  These are super simple.  One pattern piece, quick and done.  I added zigzag stitches to the hem to jazz them up a bit:


I also like the stitch over the casing to keep the elastic from rolling.


For my girls I pulled out these lovely vintage pillowcases and made nightgowns.  The nightgowns were from my great-grandma, and I think she embroidered and crocheted them.


The bodice is based on McCalls' 5744, used for pjs for Big Sis.  I altered it a bit, and using Gingercakes' tutorial as a guide made a similar design for Baby.  I had the fabric in my stash I used for the bias tape detail.  Wasn't that pink pinstripe perfect?


My girls look a bit like little angels don't they (even if their mean mom makes them take a picture after just getting up)?


I'm still finishing up a few projects.  My Baby decided to run a fever all day yesterday, and so not much happened.  Thankfully it was a 24 hour bug because she woke up feeling fine today!
How is your sewing coming?

Linking up to:
freckled laundrymonogram


And Tatertots and Jello.
Visit thecsiproject.com

11 happy thoughts:

Hannah said...

Chris....ADORABLE!
Love, love, LOVE the nightgowns...and those sweet girls!

OK blogger is weird right now...not letting me type certain things. But great job

Abby said...

Love the nightgowns. They are so perfect looking for little girls, so much better than what you can buy in the store!

High Street Cottage said...

Adorable P.J's , and Night Gowns, you did a wonderful job. Oh, I really have to get to learning to sew! xxx tami

Michelle @ Delicate Construction said...

Adorable! I need a toddler version for my baby, she is a hot sleeper and summer is coming fast!

Melissa said...

The pillowcase pajamas are gorgeous.

How exactly do you sew over the casing so that the elastic works the way it ought?

I've been wanting to do that but haven't because I am not sure how and I haven't bothered to do the research to figure it out.

Whenever the basement cleaning is done, I plan to start sewing again...someday. :(

CreationsForEleanor said...

How cute, I have the McCalls nightgown pattern and had not thought of it in awhile.
I wish I could look that cute right out of bed!

annies home said...

love them colors are so fun and they look very comfortable come visit me at http://shopannies.blogspot.com

Stephanie Lynn @Under the Table and Dreaming said...

The nightgowns are simply adorable. Fantastic job. Hope you had a wonderful weekend ~ Stephanie Lynn www.bystephanielynn.com

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

Love those PJ shorts, but those nightgowns... oh, those nightgowns are beautiful, Chris!

Catherine said...

What darling nightgowns! Love the story behind them, too. :)

Unknown said...

Love the pajama bottoms & nightgowns, Chris! Handsome little man...and the picture of your oldest hugging your baby the last photo just melted my dang heart. That is soooo precious.

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to stop by. Kind words are always welcome.

Print
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...