02 February 2011

Valentines Bookmarks


Since making the Valentines Pouches, I got into a small panic about what to put inside.  The budget wouldn't let me go out and purchase a bunch of stuff...nor do I want to give my kids a bunch of crap stuff to just toss later.  I ran across this site via One Pretty Thing, and knew I had to try their bookmark idea.  My oldest girl is a voracious reader, and we require  encourage all of our kids to read daily.  Bookmarks were a perfect fit.


I whipped these up tonight after the kids went to bed.  I used gray felt with maroon for my boys.  I thought adding the white cross-stitches made them look masculine.  


I pinked the edges of my girls' bookmarks.  The center is sewn on with jumbo french knots, made with four-ply floss.

 
I think I'll add a few more little handmade goodies, like hair clips and goodie bags.  I also plan on writing notes.  My kids had a ball on Tuesday writing notes to each other.  They actually used up a whole notepad, and filled the pouches! 

If you've made Valentines pouches, what types of things are you putting into them?


UPDATE:
Here's my big girl...her bookmark has already found a place to keep.



Sharing with:
Kojo Designs, Freckled Laundry, Creation Corner, Tatertots and Jello, and Treasurista's Treasures. 
giveaways

3 happy thoughts:

dizzytina said...

These are so sweet i love them. I have been making valentines things too recently over on my blog tina x x http://scratchycatcrafter.blogspot.com

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

These are adorable. Just right for my children too, who are little bookworms!!

This confirms my suspicion that you're a Super Mummy!

Sarahx

Unknown said...

Now those are cute! Way better than my Yoda valentines. I'm going to feature these tonight. Valentine's is over but you could do felt-anythings on the end! Thanks for sharing with air your Laundry Friday! The party is back on tonight.

Hugs,
Jami

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to stop by. Kind words are always welcome.

Print
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...