I bought this filmy stuff wanting to make some sheers for the sidelights of our front door (we had to get rid of those hideous mini blinds) and the master bedroom. Then all the craziness of the holidays set in, and I got sidetracked. I know I have adult ADD. I just get so easily distracted these days. Anyhoo, I did get the sheers made for our front door.
These were my inspiration:
|image via Pottery Barn|
I found cheap hardware at Wally World which I spray painted ORB, and then got going on the drapes.
|My son took this photo without me knowing!|
Here is a close up of the drape before I hung it. All the sides were narrow-hemmed, with a casing at top and bottom for the curtain rods. Then, at equal intervals, I added small seams which alternated by row to create a smocked effect.
Hung up, with mixed results. I've learned a few things. First up, I need to add a lot more smocking. I think next go-around I'll shirr the fabric on the rod and then mark where I want the smocking to go. Second issue, these are WAY too transparent, as you can see. So, they work for now, but definitely not a final solution.