13 October 2010

Taking time to make life sweet

The little ones still at home and I needed to do something fun together, away from the upstairs organizing.  The kitchen was a perfect spot to have some fun, and make a little big mess.  My preschool boy has been begging for a treat, so yesterday we made muddy buddies.  I add about a cup of raisins.  It's healthy, right?



My son's favorite way to help:  

Mmm sugar coated goodness.

And the very  best part?  Licking the bowl.




I'd love to know what snacks you enjoy making with your little ones.  Any faves you'd care to share?

Linking up to Blue Cricket Design, and Someday Crafts.
giveaways
linkparty

6 happy thoughts:

Celeste B. said...

My little ones love cookies or brownies. I'd have to say my favorite is muddy buddies too!!! YUM! :) It looks like you guys had a great time!!! :)

Anna Maschke said...

We love making things from the cookbooks Pretend Soup and Salad People. They are great for preschool kids. My daughter's favorite is a chocolate banana shake.

Sarah said...

Those muddy buddies look great! My daughter loves to help me make pizza - she likes to roll out the dough...and eat it!

Homemaker On A Dime said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving an encouraging comment. My favorite snack to prepare with the kiddos is the simple, plain ol' chocolate chips cookies. They are happy campers when we have baked them all :)

DeeAnna said...

Muddy Buddies are my favorite!! We call it Puppy Chow. The problem is that my boys would get sick of it and I would eat the whole thing!! Thanks for stopping by my blog!

wannabee free said...

My kids love to help whenever I make anything with dough. They love to roll it out (and eat the leftovers.) My 4 yr old will help with anything and they all love to crack the eggs, dump stuff in the bowl and run the hand mixer.
Your little 4 yr old was so cute at the program yesterday! What a sweetie@

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to stop by. Kind words are always welcome.

Print
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...