There is a young bride who got married this weekend from our neighborhood. I wanted to do something special for her, so I made her this apron and matching oven mitts.
Rare photo of me modeling.
I made the apron based on my Teacher's Apron Tutorial, with a change to the skirt. I made it a rectangle that was 25" by 25", and added a ruffle edge and used bias tape on the sides.
The Idea Room's tutorial, with a few changes. I quilted the main components together before I cut them out. I also sewed the finger holds together with right sides together, than inserted the batting and basted it all together before I assembled the mitts.
The ruffle was sewn with a french seam, and I really love how it turned out. The main fabric is from Joel Dewberry's Chestnut Hill Collection, and the other fabric was a random calico I found that matched really well.
I hope she gets a lot of use out them, and feels pretty in her new home.