27 June 2010

For a sweet little bride

Just had to share this.  I was really excited how it turned out.
There is a young bride who got married this weekend from our neighborhood.  I wanted to do something special for her, so I made her this apron and matching oven mitts.

Rare photo of me modeling.

I made the apron based on my Teacher's Apron Tutorial, with a change to the skirt.  I made it a rectangle that was 25" by 25", and added a ruffle edge and used bias tape on the sides.

The oven mitts were made using The Idea Room's tutorial, with a few changes.  I quilted the main components together before I cut them out.  I also sewed the finger holds together with right sides together, than inserted the batting and basted it all together before I assembled the mitts. 


The ruffle was sewn with a french seam, and I really love how it turned out.  The main fabric is from Joel Dewberry's Chestnut Hill Collection, and the other fabric was a random calico I found that matched really well. 


I hope she gets a lot of use out them, and feels pretty in her new home.

4 happy thoughts:

the thrifty ba said...

i wish i was getting married-that turned out great!

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

great fabric! she'll love it!

Design Esquire said...

I love the fabric! The apron and mitts are so cute. Great job!!

Amy {The Idea Room} said...

Your oven mitts and apron turned out beautifully! Love the material choice as well. Great Job! Thanks so much for the link!

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to stop by. Kind words are always welcome.

Print
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...