30 December 2009

Polly Pocket Cozy

As promised, here is how the Polly Pocket Cozy turned out.

Inside, there's a couch with pillow and a side table with Polly's favorite book.  There's a fuzzy rug for Polly to run her toes through, and a soft bed.  To give these items some dimension, I used fusible fleece under the couch arms and back and the bed.  Everything was adhered on with heat n bond, and then satin stitched.  The fun part was how my son helped come up with the idea in the first place, and it was his idea to have the couch and kitty on the bed. 

I adjusted the pocket size and made flaps for two pockets to keep all of Polly's accessories from falling out.

If you are interested, I'd be happy to make an applique pattern available.  All the other dimensions are exactly the same as Handmade by Jill's Cozy Car Caddy, and it was constructed in the same manner.  


Featured on Simply Home and Family

11 happy thoughts:

Jill said...

Super cute! What a great idea.

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

so cute! my daughter needs one!

Jen said...

I love this and am SO glad I found this. I am giving Polly Pockets to 2 of my neices for Christmas (we are celebrating late, in Jan) and this will be perfect to go with their gifts! thanks!

Amanda @ Serenity Now said...

Adorable!!! :) My 4 year old recently got into Polly Pockets and now we have them all over the house. This is too cute. :) I'm visiting from Kimba's party. Hope you might stop by. :) Here's my link:
http://serenitynow4amanda.blogspot.com/2010/01/chalkboard-quote-tray.html

Anonymous said...

That is SO CUTE! I'm so happy you posted this tutorial as my daughter will adore this.

Sarah :)

celeste said...

love this idea, chris!

saffiertje said...

i made my own for my DD She loves it!!!!
I posted it with a link to yours on my blog!

dana said...

Chris, SUCH a cute idea! I really love it!

Christie // lemon squeezy home said...

SO cute! Seriously, I totally drew one of these the other day as I had not seen one and now I don't have to make it:). Great job!

Amanda Pedro said...

really!!! this is too much!! how awesome! I love it. Bookmarked!
thanks for sharing!

Annie said...

Chirs I love this idea. It is girls week on our blog and I had to share it. Thanks again!
http://simplyhomeandfamily.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to stop by. Kind words are always welcome.

Print
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...