06 November 2009

Baby Kimono and Pants

My sweet cousin and her husband welcomed their first child into the world about a month ago. We had the chance to visit them today, and meet baby Ginger. I've been wanting to try the Habitual Kimono pattern before I attempt 4 pairs of Christmas jammies, and this was a great chance...small scale even! I love how easy the top came together.  A bias tape maker is a must, and is fast becoming my favorite tool.  For the pants, I laid out a pair of baby pants, and made my own pattern.  I even figured out a cool way to finish the pant cuffs which I would will be featuring in a future tutorial. I hope Ginger and her mommy enjoy the jammies. Lots of love to the Chang family.

2 happy thoughts:

Sarah Lou said...

Oh so very sweet! The polka dots are divine!

Heidi Wilcox said...

I bet Linds loved it!!! You are amazing as always. What's the chance of taking apart a worn out car seat cover to figure out how to make a new one?

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to stop by. Kind words are always welcome.

Print
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...