A couple weeks ago, we took our family on a little excursion to the mountains south of where we live. There was a planned power outtage for our little town. So rather than stare at each other twiddling our thumbs, Mr. Pickup thought a change in perspective would be good for everyone.
Here's the only picture of me...on our way.
There were too many fun pics. Instead of barraging you with them all, I made a collage.
- Little boy looking north.
- Looking south. You can see Utah in the distance. The really cool tree in the foreground is called a Limber Pine.
- Of course we had to enjoy the snow.
- This portion of the road is already closed for winter.
- There are so many different types of rock here. It's really remarkable. Further into the mountains just south of where we were is the City of Rocks National Reserve.
- More playing in the snow.
This is Mount Harrison and Lake Cleveland. So named after the 1888 United States Presidential election. The mountain was named for Harrison because he won. If the powers that be had only waited one more election cycle, it would have been reversed! This is the mountain that you can see from our lot. I am so excited to have that view everyday!
Looking to the north. If you had a great telephoto lens, you might be able to see our lot from here.
I just really liked this shot. Walking back down the road was a little treacherous. I wasn't dressed for hiking!
For those of you who may be curious, we have had a little progress on the start of our new home. We are the proud owners of a hole and a whole lot of dirt.
The excavation of our basement was done by an artist with a front loader. It was really fun to watch a master at work. Start to finish, it took only about 4 hours to dig down 6 feet, with the walls neat and square. It reminded me of a book my mom used to read to us, called Mike Mulligan and His Steam Shovel. We're hoping to be ready for concrete next week, and are praying for the weather to cooperate. I do not look forward to framing in November and December, but we'll get through it.
Sharing with Life Made Lovely.