06 July 2011

Easy Laundry Room Update


I showed you HERE, how I made my laundry room cafe curtain.  I thought I'd show you the other simple things I did to make the laundry room a happier place to manage the mountains of laundry a family of six generates.  This is what our laundry room looked like shortly after we moved in:


Can I tell you how much I hate vertical blinds???
First...the art.  I found THIS darling bright laundry room makeover on BHG.com.  

via bhg.com

I encourage you to look through all the photos. They also included a free pdf download of these vintage-inspired prints.  I loved them...but wanted to personalize them to the "beachy" colors I had in my laundry curtain.  I just copied the pictures into the free paint program included in windows, and colored them to match my needs and altered the wording a bit.


When I got them the way I wanted, I printed the pictures on cardstock.
To frame the photos, I spray painted some old oak frames white, and then cut foam board to fit.  I adhered the prints, and then created mattes with fabric and ribbon.  I used fabric glue to keep it all in place.  Here's a little photo tutorial:


I hung the pictures, and loved how they looked with my curtain.  The oak grain shows through the paint, and looks more "beachy" to me.



I used the quote from my old laundry room (was that just last summer?)

The room still needed something!  So, using scraps I had around, I made a little banner.  The flags are the same size as the larger triangles on my July wreath.


So there you have it.  Adding a cafe curtain and some simple details made a huge difference.


Now I'm off to start some more laundry!



Sharing with Someday Crafts, Lemontree CreationsFreckled Laundry Creation Corner, and Just a Girl.

22 happy thoughts:

Stephanie said...

Love the vintage quotes and the flag banner...so darn cute!

Erin said...

adorable! i wish i had a laundry room. someday!

Anonymous said...

So cute! Love it.

Unknown said...

Your laundry room is so sweet...Thanks so much for sharing your great ideas...I'm inspired!

Unknown said...

Too cute! I love the little quotes. "She sang while she did the laundry." If I had first floor laundry, MAYBE that would be true. lol Is all of this stuff in a moving box yet? :)

XO,
Jami

Larri said...

So sweet and cheery! I'd smile every time I walked into that room. ☺

Lorie said...

Love it!!

Jen said...

This is a happy Laundry room, love those print make-overs!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

What great prints!!! Thanks so much for sharing your laundry room!! Love it.

Patrice said...

I love the colors, prints and the pennant banner! It is all so cute! Thanks for linking up with Lemon Tree Creations today!

Nat said...

I am SO doing this in my laundry room! I recently posted about some tubs I "did up" with Mod Podge and have been pondering what to do next- it's such a hum-drum place. Thanks for such great inspiration!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

This looks fabulous, Chris. The flag banner alone made a huge difference, but then the artwork and the curtains just take it to a whole other level. Love it!

Delaney said...

Lovin' this! How fun!
http://sweetteaserendipity.blogspot.com

Tasha said...

I just love it! That is some fabulous art you found. Every small details comes together to make it so cheery and happy. Just as a laundry room should be

Sarah @ Modern Country Style said...

The archtiect we're working with on our house has found a way to squeeze in a laundry room and I'm so, so excited!! Most British houses (well, normal ones, anyway!) don't have laundry rooms as standard. I guess because they're too old to have needed space for washing machines!! But anyway...I'm waffling!! My point is seeing yours makes me feel very excited!! I simply LOVE your bunting and your vintage-style signs!! You must constantly be singing in there. ;-)

Now how's that for a comment?!!!

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Chantal said...

Love the idea of making the laundry a happier place! Bunting is gorgeous and great choice of pics.

Peggy said...

what a sunny and fun place to laundry! and thanks for the link to the vintage prints- I might need to use those over my washer...

Unknown said...

Wow! I just love your laundry room. The pennant banner is so charming and really brightens up the space. Love the artwork as well.

Unknown said...

Very cheery!

Becky J. said...

how totally cute! i love those prints-- i just downgraded from a laundry room to a laundy closet. with bi-folds. oh the joy.

Delaney said...

You've been featured on Fabulousity Friday @ Sweet Tea Serendipity! Stop by & pick up your award! http://sweetteaserendipity.blogspot.com/2011/07/fabulousity-friday-4.html

MJ @ 517 Creations said...

What a cute laundry room! I'm sure it'll make doing laundry a little more fun. :)

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to stop by. Kind words are always welcome.

Print
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...