09 May 2011

Kids Clothing Week, Day 1

Today I tried out my pint sized version of the grown-up peasant blouse...but I have to rename it if it's going on a child!  So, here you have:





....the Banded Peasant Blouse!  Or should it be bandit?  It has the buttoned neck band with a small split opening.


For Baby's top, I skipped the contrast band, and did a fun decorative stitch along the hem.


I woke Baby from her nap and showed her the top.  Once she was awake enough to be cognizant, she covered her mouth with her little hand and declared, "I NIKE it!"  (translation:  I LIKE it!)


The fabric is from Free Spirit, David Walker's Hopscotch line.  Perfect for my girly-girl.
I'm still working out a few kinks, and will post the tutorial next week.  Are you sewing anything for your kiddos this week?

Sharing with:
Today's Creative Blog, The Train to CrazyShannon Makes Stuff, and Tatertots and Jello.
lil luna link party button

11 happy thoughts:

Unknown said...

What a sweet top, especially the fabric)! Can't wait for the tutorial.

Gabriela said...

Love the fabric and the top looks adorable on your little girl!

iram said...

well summer has started hear in my country and i am sewing tops for my little girls i would love to make this shirt for them so please post the tute soon :) plz plz plz :)

chris said...

@iramI will be making another blouse for my older daughter, and hopefully will have a tutorial ready by next week. :)
I appreciate your interest!

KJ@letsgoflyakite said...

Oh my, how sweet is that!
The blouse is so adorable on your daughter, that David Walker line is precious.

Liz @ LivingMySweetLife said...

That is too cute!!!
I love the fabric, and your daughter is so cute!

Jessica at Me Sew Crazy said...

this came out so adorable!! I am in love with the fabric you used. Very well done, and the finishing stitches look fabulous!

Gwen @ Gwenny Penny said...

So sweet, Chris. I love that fabric. Like love so much that I'm ordering some ASAP. Can't wait for the tutorial.

Louisa said...

How sweet! I love the neckline.

Maria said...

ADORABLE, both the top and the girl!

Abby said...

Such a cute top! I will certainly be checking back for the tutorial. Your little girl is a perfect little model!

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to stop by. Kind words are always welcome.

Print
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...