Sew Mama Sew is having a spectacular giveaway. A Husqvarna Viking Serger is on the line. The question is...how would a serger make my life better?
Let me count the ways:
1. Finishing seams would be MUCH faster.
2. I would finally feel brave enough to try my hand at knits...t-shirts, leggings, maybe even swimsuits like Dana.
3. With cool features like differential feed and optional presser feet, I can sew a variety of fabrics and add interesting decorative details.
4. Two words: Rolled Hems.
5. I'd be able to make my etsy shop more profitable. Time=money.
6. I can stop lurking around ebay for a used serger. I watch them, but really, I'm too chicken to purchase something that expensive without a warranty and customer support.
7. I'd have a real excuse to carve out my own sewing space...and to buy a bigger house next time!
8. I won't have to borrow my friend's serger to customize my baby's prefold diapers.
9. I would be brave enough to make my kids underwear like Anna. (It bothers me to no end how expensive it is to buy underpants! Come on, it's just a little bit of fabric!)
10. Complete sewing freedom would be at my fingers, and I wouldn't have to work my beloved Bernina as hard.
I probably won't win, but someday in the distant future, I will have a serger. I will. I WILL. Until then, the two year old part of me that wants instant gratification will look like this: