Cally's version. She was cool enough to give me some helpful hints.
We started with small baking sheets I found at the thrift store for $1.00 each...score! I let each kiddo help with spray painting the pans. Even little boy got a turn.
Next, everyone helped to make the magnets. We raided my button hoard and everyone got a turn at each station:
cutting up the magnet strip
removing the paper strip from the magnets
and hot gluing the magnets to the buttons. Don't worry, it's a low temp gun.
Our results thus far:
When the pans were dry and set, I printed out strips of paper with the responsibilities for my big kids, cut them out with some fun scrapbook scissors and decoupaged the paper to the pans. I purposely put the chores in past tense, to stress that they are to place the button when the task is complete.
The one bummer is that the ink bled a little bit as the paint dried. I'm still new to decoupage...live and learn.
I got this far, and realized I didn't know how I was going to hang them. Enter the lovely E 6000 glue from the cake stand! I used wire cutters to cut paper clips, and made hangers. I marked each side down 2" from the top. I hot glued a dot to hold the clip in place, and then used the E 6000 glue for a permanent hold.
When the glue was dry, I threaded through grosgrain ribbon to make the hanger. I had wanted to do a cool peg hanger, but I settled for what I had on hand.
Linking to: Super Stinky Boys, Blue Cricket Design, Someday Crafts, Women Who Do It All, and Delicious Ambiguity, Just a Girl, House of Hepworths, Somewhat Simple, Night Owl Crafting and Simpsonized Crafts, and A Few of My Favorite Things.
Featured on Someday Crafts, Blue Cricket Design, and Picked Fresh Daily, and Donna Moderna.
My project was picked by Jen!