20 March 2010

Keeping it real

So, sometimes I feel really intimidated by what I see in other blogs. Immaculate homes, amazing skills, and perfect children. Then I had an epiphany the other day. Bloggers, me included, show you what they want you to see. They photoshop, crop, and otherwise manipulate what they present to you. This isn't a bad thing...but it can be misleading sometimes if you don't keep that idea in mind as you read.

I am not perfect by any means, and I hope that isn't the idea that you get when you read my blog. I make a lot of mistakes. Sometimes I yell at my kids.  My refrigerator had not been cleaned for a long time...until last night.  I have a pile of clothes still needing to be ironed that I don't want to do.  I cannot and do not "do it all".  I am good at one thing at a time, maybe two tops.


However, as moms, we cannot focus on one thing or two tops. I know I juggle a lot of things at one time. I just can't expect everything to turn out well, or to not let something slide in the process.  My goal is to not neglect the things that matter most by focusing things that matter least.


I wanted to give you a peak into my real life.  I want my blog to be source of inspiration, but please know it is not a place for perfect people.  I want my blog to be a place where lots of friends can gather, find some fun ideas to try, and do one thing good at a time.  Most importantly, that you find ideas that help you and your family find some joy. 


Here's to lots more fun to come, from one real woman to another. 

4 happy thoughts:

Tempest Ahoy said...

Love it. Thanks for sharing it :)

Melissa said...

I totally understand. Yesterday, I attempted organizing my craft storage for the upteenth time. As I told my husband my laundry room is what it is (unfinished, cramped, and the only place for certain projects))...but the worse is my sewing. I can't seem to get a grip on handling the stash. Right now it is in rather untidy piles on the ugly, ancient, spare sofa.

Thanks for sharing...

Jess@craftiness is not optional said...

Kudos to you for keeping it real! It's so true...sometimes I feel like a sham, cause there's no way my life is perfect! But it's still pretty great. :)

Student Entrepreneur said...

You know that ALL our homes look the same - but for pictures on our blog, we find a nice neat corner!!!

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to stop by. Kind words are always welcome.

Print
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...