31 August 2009

What I've been up to

Since my Papa is 200 miles away, I've been waiting and worrying, and I have to keep busy to not go crazy. He is doing ok so far. He's been through two successful surgeries, and continues to do much better than the doctors expected. He's not out of the woods, but we are encouraged.

Here are some of the things I've been doing to keep busy:
1. Redid my bathroom. I can't afford new towels etc. for our kids' bathroom, so I decided to redo the design. It's not perfect, but there are now touches of red that make me happy. I went a little over the top with the applique, but it's fun. It was a nice way to use up fabric scraps, and the only thing I purchased was the ricrac.
I adhered the dots on the curtain with dots of low-temp hot glue. Note to self: don't try to sew through hot glue again. Needles don't like it!


I added personal touches to the kids' towels:
Posted by Picasa

And red ricrac to the hand towel:


I also made my first POD Swaddler from Hannah's pattern:
I used fabric I had around, including taking apart my old nursing cover that I don't need anymore, some fabric I found in the clearance bin at WalMart, and a white t-shirt that I'd already cut up for a nursing tank. I did round the bottom piece more than the pattern called for, in order to use the t-shirt. Hooray for freebies/almost freebies! It's for my sweet niece, Alyce.

2 happy thoughts:

Heidi Wilcox said...

I love the swaddle pod!!! I knew you would pick fabric that was incredible!

Mike said...

Alyse loves the swaddler pod!! She's sleeping much better and I'm sure she's more comfortable! Thanks Chris for that awesome gift!!!

Post a Comment

How sweet of you to stop by. Kind words are always welcome.

Print
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...